Friday, October 31, 2014

Mug Marvels // Pumpkin Spice Latte

fiveplumsdesigns.etsy.com
"I Love Coffee Mug"



I love coffee. Give me one of those fancy, flavored ones from Starbucks and I'll be one happy girl. I am equally a fan of anything Pumpkin Spice - and I love it even more when I can make it from home. You too?
 
Here's my own "at home" Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe...enjoy!
 
 
First, heat 1 cup of milk in saucepan on a medium-high heat on the stove.
 
Add in 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree (yes, you read that right...) along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of pumpkin-pie spice.
 
Stir, and allow this mixture to sit and 'simmer' for about 5 minutes.
 
Now, here comes the fun part!...
 
To give this a real "coffeehouse" feel, we are going to froth the pumpkin-spice milk mixture. Now, I don't have a steamer laying around but I know of something that works just as well, that I'm sure many of you already own...
 
A BLENDER! Yep! Take the mixture off of the stove and slowly pour it into your blender. "Froth" your mixture for about 5 minutes.
Pour your pumpkin-spice flavored milk mixture into a mug and add 1-2 shots of espresso. (For me, espresso is too strong - so I just add a little bit of pumpkin-spice flavored coffee...and its just as good, if not better!)
 
Stir, and add a sprinkle of pumpkin-pie spice on top! Yum! I cannot get enough of this stuff and its so easy to make.
 
Cheers to Pumpkin Spice Lattes, friends! Have a great day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment